Customer Services Officer - casual
Whangarei, New Zealand
We are the carers for Northland's environment and community. Are you one of us?
A few things you should know about Northland Regional Council… we aren't about parking tickets, roading, building consents or any of that stuff! Our work is ultimately about working together to care for our region's incredible environment and many communities, matching our skills and resources with the vision and aspirations of our people.
Toitū te whenua, toitū to moana, toitū te tangata. If the land is well, if the sea is well, the people will thrive.
The opportunity awaits…
For some one who enjoys customer contact but who doesn't want to work a regular roster. The position would ideally suit some one studying by distance, running a flexible home-based enterprise, or just looking for extra income and interaction.
The position is on-call as required, and does not involve any evening or weekend work.
In addition to the exemplary customer service skills, you will be committed to personally deliver high quality outcomes with a professional, courteous and enthusiastic attitude. You will also be someone who is passionate about contributing to the future of our wonderful Northland region.
- The diversity of our business means our customers come to us with a fascinating range of enquiries. You will become familiar with the full breadth of council activities and challenges.
- You will learn about everything from algal blooms to bus enquiries to how to best trap a possum.
- By joining the customer services team, you are both a public face to our organisation and the connection between our customers and our subject experts.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for someone who can bring the following to our diverse talent pool:
- Clear and confident communication by phone and in writing
- Ability to listen and clarify customer requests
- Solid computer competency and keyboard skills
- A real interest in all council activities
We don't just want someone that CAN do the job, we want someone who has the DRIVE to do a GREAT job and has a passion for what our organisation and values stand for. Being one of the first of our people to engage with customers we need someone who can make a great first impression on behalf of NRC.
What's in it for you?
We'll pay you to do a job that is both interesting and satisfying. We also care about our staff. Our team has grown a lot over the years, but our small organisation culture is still here. We celebrate our efforts, share wedding/baby pictures, host many shared morning teas, enjoy outings, annual fishing competitions and brunches, and have a lot of fun together.
Need more information? If so, contact our Customer Services Manager today.
The work we do really makes a difference and if you are someone who is motivated to contribute to the management of Northland's environment, check out the position description and apply today via www.nrc.govt.nz/jobs.
Applications close on Monday 26 April and must be submitted online.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency/citizenship or valid NZ work visa.
Applications Close: 26 Apr 2021